Sunday, January 23, 2022

Something that Gets Confused with Schizophrenia--No, I'm Not Delusional or Psychotic Right Now


Many types of mental illness get confused with schizophrenia, or, as I call it, brain damage/injury NOS.  

The brain is a delicate organ.  Any sort of trauma or chemical or even eating a piece of candy can change it.  We know this from our own experiences.  One type of thing that gets confused with schizophrenia is when the brain transforms from a child's brain into an adult's brain.  I call it hardening.  You lose interest in several activities you once enjoyed such as hopscotch or jump rope.  People become confused, and I usually notice people on the wards try to categorize and define things during this time.  A fog seems to appear.  They have hallucinations and dreams and fears begin to morph.  They may go through childish periods or manias and such.  I lost the desire to play videos games and swim for fun during this time.  I began to read more nonfiction.  

Not that adults don't fall into a childish mood every once in a while.  


No comments:

Post a Comment